1. Analysis of biological specimens using the following techniques:
a. Intermediate knowledge of immunoassay methodology
b. Solid phase and Liquid/ Liquid Drug Extractions
c. Mass Spectrometry
i. Gas Chromatography / Mass Spectrometry (Intermediate)
ii. Liquid Chromatography/ Mass Spectrometry (Intermediate)
iii. Tandem Mass Spectrometry (Intermediate)
2. Intermediate knowledge of Quantitative Analysis
3. Intermediate knowledge of Instrumental Analysis
4. Maintains an accurate written record of all analyses performed and ensures proper archiving of those records.
5. Receives specimens into the laboratory, establish and maintain accurate chain of custody, accession specimens into the laboratory, aliquot specimens for subsequent testing and logs specimens into the Toxicologist Database.
6. Participation in Laboratory Analysis Programs
7. Routine instrument maintenance
8. Analysis of Quality Control Specimens
9. Preparation for laboratory inspections for Inspectors from certifying and accrediting agencies.
10. Responsible for maintaining laboratory facilities and equipment in operating condition and reporting discrepancies and problems to their supervisor.
11. Evaluation of laboratory Standard Operating Procedures and ensuring laboratory compliance with those standards.
12. Evaluation of instruments, extraction techniques, analysis protocols and data review.
13. Complete research projects and function as assigned.
14. Maintain logs of analyses performed, equipment problems and solutions, freezer and refrigerator temperature logs, and equipment operation logs.
15. Maintain the laboratory in a Mission readiness status at all times; this requires the analyst to be aware of existing and potential problems concerning laboratory safety, equipment operation, maintain supply readiness and other critical laboratory functions.
16. Handle hazardous materials and hazardous waste; ensuring proper safety precautions are taken in storing and disposition of materials.
17. Authorship in peer reviewed journal and/or presentation of scientific data.
18. Perform other job - related duties appropriate to the Division mission as assigned.
Education: B.S. or M.S. in Science - related field (e.g. Chemistry, Biology, Forensics, etc) or Training as a Military Medical Laboratory Technician
- USN 8506 - Advanced Medical Laboratory Technician
- USA 92820, 92B30, 91K10 - Medical Laboratory Technician
- UAF 4TOx1, 924x) - Medical Laboratory Technician
Must be a US citizen able to complete a National Agency Check with Inquiries (NAC-I) background investigation.