Join LabCorp Diagnostics and you'll be a part of an innovative life sciences company that is deeply integrated in guiding patient care and providing comprehensive clinical laboratory services. With a mission to improve health and improve lives, LabCorp delivers world-class diagnostic solutions and pioneers new diagnostic technologies to improve the delivery of care. As a member of the LabCorp team, you will support a dedicated staff in resulting over 500,000 clinical samples a day, a volume that demands the most accurate and precise analysis possible. You’ll join a collegial scientific staff who appreciates that on the other side of every sample, is a person who depends on us! LabCorp is a leader in laboratory medicine and we strive to meet the rapidly evolving healthcare needs.
Do work that matters. Join LabCorp and be a part of our team bringing laboratory diagnostics to a new level.
LabCorp’s Center for Esoteric Testing division is seeking a Laboratory Director for its forensic and clinical toxicology laboratory in Burlington, NC. The position reports to the Laboratory Operations Director and provides daily oversight of the forensic and clinical toxicology laboratory’s scientific, regulatory, and technical development activities in collaboration with technical managers and supervisors.
Oversight includes, but is not limited to:
• Performance of testing procedures, accurate result reporting, and quality monitoring
• Technical validations of new methods, instrumentation, and/or testing reagents
• Troubleshooting technical issues
• Scientific review of forensic and clinical toxicology testing trends and platforms
• Research and development of new assays in conjunction with division technical resources
• Compliance with regulatory and licensure requirements
• Scientific direction to laboratory staff and development of continuing education opportunities
• Ph.D. in a relevant chemical, physical or biological science
• Certification by either the American Board of Clinical Chemistry in toxicological chemistry or the American Board of Forensic Toxicology
• In lieu of board certification, at least four years post-doctoral degree laboratory training and experience using immunoassay and mass spectrometry methods, including at least two years of experience in laboratory management. Current holder of New York State Department of Health (NYSDH) Certificate of Qualification (CQ) in Forensic Toxicology is strongly preferred. Current holder of NYSDH CQ in Clinical Toxicology also desired.
• 6 or more years of technical experience in a high-throughput laboratory environment
• 4 or more years in a laboratory supervisory or management role highly desired
• Method development using mass spectrometry platforms, including GC-MS and LC-MS/MS
• Demonstrated technical expertise across specimen matrices including urine, oral fluids, and hair
• Forensic toxicology, including workplace and drugs of abuse testing
• Clinical toxicology experience, including prescription drug monitoring.
• Effective project management including developing project plans, timelines, tracking, communication with stakeholders, and timely completion
• Ability to develop and conduct training and education programs
• Strong interpersonal and communication skills exhibited among both technical and non-technical staff
If Interested, please send resume directly to: firstname.lastname@example.org, or apply online: www.jobs.labcorp.com and search for Requisition #17-84998