TITLE: Laboratory Supervisor
REPORTS TO: Chief Scientific Officer
The mission of Viridis Laboratories is to ensure health and safety within the cannabis industry by testing cannabis products for potency and purity; and to report results of this testing to consumers, manufacturers and regulatory agencies. We are looking for a laboratory supervisor with chemistry and toxicology experience to implement and oversee testing of cannabis products in a brand-new facility located in the Lansing, MI, area. Michigan is a medical-marijuana state.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following. Other duties may be assigned:
• Oversight of sample receipt, accessioning and storage.
• Oversight of government-mandated and client-requested product testing, including but not limited to cannabinoid, chemical, microbial and metal content.
• Review and reporting of test results through the laboratory information management system to clients, government agencies and other involved or mandated parties.
• Validation, review, and updating of laboratory SOPs to ensure regulatory compliance.
• Maintenance and review of quality control data and maintenance of a quality management system in compliance with accreditation requirements.
• Maintenance of current scientific knowledge in the areas of drug chemistry and toxicology.
• Serve as a resource for scientific and technical expertise for clients, government agencies and peers.
• Conduction of research and method development as needed.
• Training of laboratory personnel to ensure understanding of and adherence to SOPs.
• Other duties as assigned.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE REQUIRED
• Bachelor’s degree or higher in a laboratory science
• Five years’ experience in an analytical laboratory setting
• Experience with method development and validation
• Experience with HPLC, GC, GC/MS and/or LC/MS/MS
• Experience with preparation of samples from diverse matrices
• Familiarity with laboratory information management systems
• Familiarity with accreditation and regulatory requirements
• Knowledge of cannabis chemistry and toxicology
• Supervisory or lead technician experience preferred
Salary negotiable and commensurate with experience. Interested parties please forward CV to email@example.com.