Millennium Health is personalized medication intelligence. Personalized medication intelligence provides smarter solutions for medication management by taking the guesswork out of prescribing. We help clinicians optimize the use of medications by delivering timely, accurate, clinically actionable information to inform the right treatment decisions for each patient.
Currently, we have an opening for a Sr. Manager/ Principal Investigator, Toxicology who will be responsible for the implementation, optimization and troubleshooting of clinical laboratory toxicology test methods. Technical Subject Matter Expert (SME) responsible for transfer of assays to the clinical laboratory and technology assessment. Accountable for the performance of laboratory methods and instrumentation.
The following are intended to be examples of the accountabilities for which the person in this position is responsible. This position description is not intended to be complete or all-inclusive and does not preclude management from assigning other or related functions for which the individual has demonstrated competency through performance.
• Subject Matter Expert (SME) for technical studies designed to improve or validate clinical laboratory testing methods involving immunoassay and LC-MS/MS
• Serves as liaison to R&D team to provide guidance on requirements for assay development/transfer into the clinical production laboratory
• Provides guidance and requirements to Business Technology for assessment/implementation/optimization of data analysis software
• Expected to review and interpret complex analytical problems, responsible for advanced troubleshooting of issues involving equipment, instruments and assay performance
• Interacts with vendors on special projects such as test method validations and new equipment
• Provides oversight and ensures proper documentation for all Proficiency Testing/Alternate Assessment activities
• Writes method validation plans and reports
• Responsible for ensuring that Laboratory Occurrence Management (LOM) forms are completed for anomalies; Responsible for implementation and oversight of corrective/preventive actions
• Responsible for process improvement activities involving Quality, Safety, and Standard Operating Procedures; Ensures that SOPs are current
• Provides supervision and guidance to instrumentation team and assay transfer/validation personnel. May serve as a General or Technical Supervisor for QC and Data Analysis/Review if licensed. Assists with training, competency assessment, and performance evaluations of laboratory personnel as appropriate
• Participates in internal laboratory audits
• Other duties as assigned.
Millennium Health offers a competitive, comprehensive benefits package.
Millennium Health is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and E-Verify participant. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, gender identity, sexual orientation or protected veteran status
• Minimum Bachelor’s degree in medical technology, clinical laboratory science, or chemical, physical, or biological science; Master’s degree or PhD highly preferred
• Current California CLS license (Generalist, Clinical Chemist, or limited Toxicologist Scientist) highly preferred
• 6+ years experience in LC-MS/MS, drug testing/toxicology
• Experience working in a high complexity CLIA/CAP environment highly preferred.
• Supervisory experience required
• Subject Matter Expert in laboratory methods and techniques, technical proficiency in LC-MS/MS required
• Proficient in MS Applications (Word/Excel/PowerPoint/Outlook)
• Effective attention to detail with high degree of accuracy
• Strong interpersonal skills and ability to communicate (written and oral) with all levels of employees
• Demonstrated ability to effectively lead and manage staff
San Diego, California, United States